The session 2010 -2011 began with great enthusiasm, new dreams and bright future for the Department of Political Science. Continuing the tradition of the last years Departmental Orientation Program was organized on 29th July 2010 to welcome the I year students .Program was attended by both the sections of I year. This initiative helps the students to know their Department, faculty and activities. Orientation program was followed by Extempore Competition .Students expressed their views on different current topics.
The Department believes in making education interesting for the students, in this endeavor special screening of some episodes of the serial Chanakaya in the auditorium on 15th September proved fruitful exercise.Chanakya is part of the syllabus. It helped them to understand life and times of Chanakya.
II Year students attended the seminar on Indo-US relations at American Center on 28th October. Lecture given by Prof. Steven P Cohen helped them to understand International Relations in the changing scenario.
The Department organized a one day trip to National Gandhi Museum and Rajghat on 14thDecember with Gandhi Study Circle. To learn about Mahatma Gandhi his life and his experience was the motive behind this trip and it proved to be a success when students took great interest with maximum participation.
On 24th February Prof.Achin Vanaik enlightened the students on Indo-US relations. Prof Achin Vanaik is former Head of the Department of Political Science.
Like the last year, 'POLITIK' the annual fest of the department was celebrated with great enthusiasm by all the members of the department. On 17th March the event began with the inauguration of the fest by Principal Dr. Minoti Chatterjee.The first event Debate on the topic, 'Corruption In India Has become Incurable' got a very good response from the different colleges of the university. The second event was the Talk by Dr. Kiran Bedi and Mr. Arvind Kejriwal.Dr. Kiran Bedi’s talk encouraged the students to fight corruption in every walk of life and Mr. Arvind Kejriwal explained the dynamics of the Lokpal Bill. The issue of corruption in society was very well showcased by the students of different colleges in various competitions like Nukkad Natak, Collage Making and Cartoon Making.
1. Political Science Department in association with Gandhi Study Circle organized a trip to National Gandhi Museum and Rajghat on 14 December 2010.
2. Talk by Prof. Achin Vinaik on Indo-US Relations was organized on 24 February 2011.
3. Politik – Annual Festival of the Department was held on 17 March 2011. Activities included
(a) Nukkad Natak
(b) Debate on 'Corruption in India has become incurable'.
(c) Talk by Ms Kiran Bedi and Mr Arvind Kejriwal on 'Corruption in India'.
(d) Collage Making
(e) Cartoon Making
4. With the commencement of the new academic session and orientation programme was held for the first year students on 25.07.2011.
5. Poster Making Competition was held on 1 September 2011.
6. On 15 September 2011 Debate was held on 'Reservation in India is essential for the upliftment of weaker sections'.
7. A Workshop on civil society “Issues and concerns” was organised on 2.11.2011 in the library hall. Inauguration was done by Principal, Dr. Minoti Chatterjee. Prof. Neera Chandhoke (Prof. of Political Science, DU), Mr. Ashish Banerjee ( Political Analyst), Justice Rajindar Sachar ( Formar Chief Justice Delhi High Court) , Mr. Praful Bidwai (Political Analyst), Prof. Narendra Sharma (Prof. of Political Science, Zakir Hussain College) were a part of this workshop.